Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Five Days In

      Well, I have made it five days. There have definitely been highs and lows. I had a long weekend off from work and noticed that I definitely had a little case of the blues...and horrible headaches. I am assuming the head aches are from cutting out coffee and the processed sugars. They were horrible and lasted for almost four solid days :(  I was also CRANKY! Tiny things set me off into a bad mood spiral and everything was annoying. I am guessing the food and sugar withdrawals are partly to blame as well as the introspection I am also doing. I am trying to pay attention to how I feel and the issues that bother me and doing that can be very hard.
    I have not stuck to all my rules with 100% accuracy. I have not been eating as cleanly as I would like unless sugar free Klondike crunch bars are made with all natural ingredients. I also have not done my mediation and stream of consciousness journal everyday as I planned to do. Being who I am I immediately beat myself up and judges myself harshly for "failing" in the first week. Why are we so hard on ourselves? I could only focus on the rules I did not stick to instead of focusing on the many I followed through on. I have not had any meat, I am working out, I have given up coffee (my favorite thing) and I am meditating more than before. Its progress not perfection and I am learning to be happy with that.
 
I am hoping to be following the plan a little more closely in week two but if I do not I will focus on the positive changes I am making and remember that self improvement is a life long journey and not something that can be done in a 30 day challenge.


Love and hope,
    Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment